Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Race-Related Things for Which I'm Most Proud

I would be remiss if I didn't start with the fact that I'm very proud to have been asked back to run with the team for this year's race!  I'm proud to be able to participate on a military team and show my appreciation for what they do for our country.  As a boater, I'm also extremely proud to be running with the Coast Guard in support of everything they do to keep us safe on the water.  Being a part of their Run to Remember event to honor a fallen Coast Guard member makes the event even more meaningful.  Thank you, Coast Guard, for "adopting" me and including me in your events!

Looking back at last year's summary, I'm also proud of the improvement in my average pace!  Last year, it was 7 minutes, 45 seconds per mile; this year, it was 7 minutes, 20 seconds per mile.  While 25 seconds per mile might not seem like a big deal, take my word for it: it is a big deal, especially when factored in over 16+ miles.

I'm proud that I had the balls to step up & volunteer for the 7 Mile Bridge.  This was something that I posted after last year's Keys100, and I think it fits (again) perfectly!

Lastly, I'm proud to say that running and racing have made me a stronger, healthier person.  I pay more attention now to things like hydration (the "real" kind with water, not Grandma's kind with Dr. L), nutrition, vitamin intake (especially calcium), and rest.  I've made a lot of new friends through running and racing, participated in some great events, raised funds for many worthy charities, and (hopefully) inspired a few people along the way to take up running for their health & well-being.

3 comments:

  1. Yes.......you're so committed...it's awesome...
    great job girl!!!!!!!!!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well for what it's worth.... I'm proud of you too!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete