Tuesday, May 13, 2014

So Excited that I Could Not Sleep!

I woke up at about 2am and could not get back to sleep because I started thinking about all of the stuff still left to do for the race and about the actual race itself.  That got me so excited that I don't think I got back to sleep until almost 4am!

Believe it or not, one of the things I was going over in my head was what food to bring.  Pickle juice, orange juice, some yogurts, Belvitas, and bananas are on the list.  But what else?  I'd love to bring some brown rice or some oatmeal, but how could I heat it up?  While I'm not against eating stuff cold, I don't know if cold (or even room temperature) rice or oatmeal sounds inviting.

Like last year, we'll be making a stop at the Robert is Here fruit stand in Florida City to stock up on some nice fresh fruit!

Oh, clementines would be wonderful!  Are they even in-season any more?  The fact that they're easily peelable and not messy make them the perfect race/van food!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think clementines are in season right now. Sorry! :(
    xoxox
    Kris

    ReplyDelete