Sunday, May 18, 2014

It's Post-Race Day!

It's so strange to think that at this time yesterday, we were about 2 and a half hours into race.  What a fun, crazy day it was!  How many people can say (or want to say), "Yeah, I ran off and on for 13+ hours and hung out in a van with 5 other sweaty, hot, salty, crazy runners."?

The relay, if you can't already tell, was awesome, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat...just not today!  My legs are sore, and I want to make it so running's fun and not something I feel like I have to do.  Today will, most definitely, be a rest day.  Tomorrow, though, might be a little bit of a "recovery run" (as Jessie so perfectly said this morning).

Ryan, Beau, Jessie, and I had breakfast this morning at Pepe's Cafe, and I had the blueberry pancakes.  I ordered the "big" version (according to the menu), and the waitress said, "That's a lot of food!"  She doesn't know my affinity for leftovers!  I did pretty well and probably ate about half of them!

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment