Monday, May 12, 2014

Best Stretch Ever!

You may (or may not) know that I have an amazing chiropractor/sports medicine doctor who I've been seeing since last July when I got injured.  Dr. John D'Amico is at Papa Chiropractic in Port St. Lucie.  He used to travel with the Philadelphia Flyers and work on the NHL players, so he really knows his stuff!

Due to the craziness that has been my life, it had been about two weeks (and maybe a bit more) since I had last seen Dr. D'Amico, and my legs were letting me know that it was time for a good stretch.

I had probably one of the the best sessions with Dr. D'Amico today.  Part of it was a minimum of 72.5 miles (if not a bit more) being done since I last saw him and the other part, like I said, is that he really knows his stuff!  I walked in with tired, sore, and just spent muscles; I walked out feeling like a million bucks & seriously considering sneaking in an evening run (which I have since decided to not do).

Tomorrow's a rest day, Wednesday will be speedwork at the gym and one final visit to Dr. D'Amico before Saturday's big race.  He'll give me the once-over on Wednesday afternoon to get me loose as a goose and ready for the relay!

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the photo of the elderly woman, I thought for a moment that your bad ass grandma had started training! So glad you have Dr. D'Amico!.

    ReplyDelete