Saturday, May 3, 2014

This Week...

This week pretty much sucked for a myriad of reasons, but I tried to keep my running up.  Monday was 17 miles; that's the longest I've done in one time without stopping.  (For the record, I've run more during last year's Keys100 relay, but that was (obviously) with breaks in between.)  Wednesday I ran three times for a total of 7.5 miles, and Friday I was able to get in another 7.5 miles over the course of three runs.  (They were terrible, but that's not the point; they got done.)  Today I only got two runs in, but the first one was speedwork at the gym on the treadmill.  Total for today was 8.25 miles (6.25 at the gym and a quick 2 miles here in the 'hood before dinner).  

Are you doing the math?  I sure as heck did!  Even rounding today's mileage down to 8 (because I really do like nice, round numbers), I logged 40 miles this week!  Holy shit!
Joan, that crown is for you!

For those of you who are about to start shouting that I'm violating the number 1 rule of running and increasing mileage week to week, I hear ya.  Trust me, I'm pretty good with math and know this was more than 10% above last week's total.  I didn't necessarily set out to do 40 miles this week; it sort of just happened.  This upcoming week will probably be nowhere near this; I've got a conference in St. Louis, and conferences aren't conducive to 2+ hour long runs.  I'm actually sad because my Monday long run is something I really do look forward to.  Perhaps I can rearrange my runs this week.  We'll see.

Are you up for some early 90s cheesiness of the musical variety?  This is one of my iTunes downloads.  Yes, I'm not scared to admit that I paid for this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment