Thursday, May 15, 2014

My Crazy Mind

I would not consider myself to be a hypocondriac, but last night, that's exactly what mode my brain was in until I fell asleep.  I had a stomach ache.  No big deal.  It's not like I was doubled-over in pain, and stomach aches happen from time to time.

However, my crazy mind starting working overtime and quickly went to the "oh my gosh, it's appendicitis" thought!  Normal people would probably dismiss the thought, but not me!  My mind starts running through all of the options, including telling Dave to take me to the new hospital in Tradition, explaining to the doctor that I've got my race on Saturday and I have to be there, and reminding myself to bring the team captain's phone number in case I need to call him & say "I have appendicitis."  Yes, these really were my thoughts.

At some point, my brain (luckily) shut off, I went to sleep, and the stomach ache went away.  Apparently, I didn't have appendicitis.  Imagine that!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment