Saturday, May 17, 2014

Some Finish Line Photos & Details

After I handed the bracelet off to Ryan, he had 2 miles to go.  I got in the van with the rest of the team, and we drove towards Higgs Beach to park & meet Ryan so that all of us could cross the finish line as a team in our Run to Remember shirts.  Here's a picture of mine.

The finish line is set up on the beach, and it's nice that we cross as a team.  Here are a few pictures.

I think the race photographer got some great action shots of us crossing!  Can't wait to see those when they're posted online.

These next few photos were taken after we finished!  Don't we look like a happy bunch?
Beau, Jessie, Erick, Tiffany, me, Ryan

Me, Jessie, Erick, Tiffany, Ryan, and Beau

One of the best parts of the finish line is the food!  For the runners, they provide complimentary hot dogs, hamburgers, cheese burgers, turkey burgers, banana bread, bananas, oranges, and beer!  Check out the awesome burger & beer that I had.  Absolutely delicious after a day of running!

In the interest of full disclosure, I had one and a half cheese burgers, two cups of beer, and a slice of banana bread!  Yum!

Don't think, though, that was it for me!  My first question once we got checked in to the hotel was what the dinner plan would be!  Look at me, I like to eat!  You know that!  Tiffany, her husband (Eric), Beau, and I went out to dinner with the Admiral.  That was neat!  How often does a non-Coastie like me get to break bread with the Admiral?!  He's a heck of a runner, so we had no lack of things to talk about!  It was a very nice dinner with everyone; what a great way to end the day!

Well, I'm sure I'll have many more "forgotten" details to share with you tomorrow.  My brain's mush, and I'm ready to sleep!  Enjoy this final photo, and I'll be back with you in the morning!

I'm so proud to have been a part of the Run to Remember again and to be a member of the team!  Like last year, my goal was to run hard & contribute.  Mission accomplished!

1 comment:

  1. That's impressive girl...you make me so proud... :-)


    Judy b

    ReplyDelete