Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Plan

Next Saturday's plan is for me to have only one run in the morning prior to my 7 Mile Bridge time.  This year's Keys100 is a bit more "structured" in the legs, distances, and transition points; I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good thing.  Anyway, my first run will be leg #7 and begins at MM (mile marker) 71.5 which is right after the Channel 5 bridge.  I'll get in a (hopefully) quick 3.4 miles and then hand off to the next runner at MM 68.1.  After that, I rest for about 21 miles.

At MM47.0, I start what will probably be the toughest leg of the relay: the 7 Mile Bridge!  There will be a 7.3 mile stretch for me to conquer before handing off the slap bracelet.  At that point, I'll rest again and will get worked back into the rotation whenever I'm ready!

Semi-interesting note: during my last run yesterday, I left the house saying I'd force myself to stick to an 8 minute pace.  That didn't happen for more than the first 3-4 minutes, but my overall pace of 7:45 for the 3 miles (in the heat & sun) was actually comfortable.  I know, I know...that's a different sense of "comfortable" than what most people have.


Let me be the first to make some goal statements about my 7 Mile Bridge run.  Keep in mind that weather will play a big role in this and which one ends up happening. 
  • Level 1: Average pace of 9 minutes or less.
  • Level 2: Average pace of 8:30 or less.
  • Level 3: Average pace of 8 minutes or less.
  • Level 4: Average pace of 7:45 or less.
Truthfully, I think it's going to end up being level 2 or level 3.  Level 4 is a pretty good pace to have, and at that time of day, if the sun's out in full effect, that pace might just not be doable for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment