Wednesday, May 13, 2015

It's Keys100 Time!

Hola, blog-o-sphere!  It's time to reactive the Kim's Keys100 Adventure blog because Saturday is "go time."  I'm sorry I've kept you waiting, but let me bring you up to speed on all things running (in case you've been slacking)!

It's been a busy but great year for running!  January was my first ultra followed by my 2nd marathon (which was in New Orleans with Suz to celebrate her birthday).  February was an odd combo of recovery and ramping up again.  In early March, I paced the Treasure Coast Marathon (meaning I got to run really slowly...but I got to run for free!!!).  Later in March, Morgan and I hit the road to do another ultra in Utah!  A recap of that can be found on the Oceanside Physical Therapy FB page.  April was yet another ultra, but this was in Jupiter.  A report (which, I think, is worth the read) is here.  Since that last race, I've been focusing on running a few times a day (when possible) and doing so when it's hot, sunny, humid, and as miserable as possible.  Haha!

This year will be a whole new Keys100 relay team for me, and I'm excited to be with a whole new bunch of Coast Guard men & women.  Like the first year I did the relay, I'll be the only non-Coastie on the team.  Hey, I met so many really awesome people the first time I did it this way, why wouldn't this year be just as amazing?!

I hope you'll join me & "follow along" on Saturday via the blog!  While I can't promise I'll be as fast as I was last year, I can say that I'm ready to do as many miles as the team needs from me...even if that means doing 20, 30, or more miles!  I may not be a speedy demon, but I can go & go & go...

2 comments: