Sunday, May 17, 2015

I Got a Compliment!

Compliments seem to come at the most random times, and those are sort of the best ones!  Because G's leg would be about 2 miles, we all got in the van and drove closer to the finish line to wait for her.  As we park in this lot, a few members of my team start speaking with a guy who's a Coast Guard runner on a different team.  Renee, our team captain, mentions to him that I'm one of two team ringers, and she also throws in that I'm a civilian.  The guy looks at me and says, "I think I know who you are."  I'm assuming that he ran on Morgan's team, so I ask just that.  He says, "No," and then asks what my name is.  All I said was, "Kim," and he goes "Gates!"  How hysterical is that?!  Of course my reply was, "How do you know that?!"  He explains that he knows Hans & has heard about me.  (Proof right there that I don't suck as a runner!  How cool is that?!)  Later on that night when Hans & I had a chance to catch up, I told him I owed him a "thank you" and then explained the story behind it.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment