Sunday, May 17, 2015

A Few Run Stats for Your Viewing Pleasure

As much as GPS is a wonderful thing, each device sort of gives its own interpretation of things.  This means that RunKeeper and my Garmin are usually close in terms of distance tracked, but it's impossible to get them to both be stopped at the very same time, so I opted to take these stats from RunKeeper (when both devices were working).  Otherwise, what's in RunKeeper does match up to Garmin since I uploaded the .gpx file.  (That's probably way more than you really needed to know, right?!)

So here's how the day shook out!  I did 6 runs where two of the legs were "doubles" (meaning we bypassed an exchange point either on purpose or not).  The distance was 18.61 miles, and the total time spent running was 2 hours, 23 minutes, 48 seconds.  This works out to be an average pace of about 7:44!  Not too shabby, but not nearly like I was last year.  Hey, all things considered, I'm still very happy with it.  How many people can say that they could average that over 6 runs of various lengths and temperatures ranging from pretty warm to insanely hot?! 

Oh, even though I don't really care about calories, it is still pretty neat to know what was burned.  Any guesses?  Thoughts?  If RunKeeper is somewhat accurate, it's saying I burned 1521 calories.

1 comment:

  1. I am the one who is writing anonomously (JUDY) and I am just so proud of you and your DRIVE, AMBITION, STRENGTH..and awesomeness!! xo

    :-)

    ReplyDelete