Friday, May 15, 2015

Good Morning from Key West

Good morning from beautiful Key West!  Yesterday's trip down here went well, and it gave me the chance to stop at Ballyhoo's for my favorite Keys lunch: a sweet potato burger.

Do you see how good those green beans look?  Normally, they would be sauteed green beans, but I (at first) asked if I could have them raw.  You should've seen the look the waitress gave me!  Then when she suggested they be boiled, I said "yes."  She did say "without oil," so I might've been giving off that "I want healthy green beans" vibe!

So what's the plan for today?  I already took my car to the beach & got a primo parking spot near the finish line.  Melanie, Michael, and I will pack up the van with our stuff and then head north to Key Largo.  From there, I'm hoping to have some time to relax, meet up with Renee who will be on my relay team, and then have a nice dinner with Hans and Morgan.

Oh, saw a beautiful rainbow this morning on the way to leave my car near the finish line.  If that doesn't say "it's going to be a good day," nothing does!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE blanched green beans! Sweet potato burger...not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a creature of habit! :-) GOOD GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete