Monday, May 20, 2013

Is it really possible...

...that I'm more sore today than yesterday?!

I know, it sounds ridiculous!  You should've seen me trying to sit down or get up today.  I must look like I'm 90 years old!  But I did take my own advice about still exercising!  (See, Bernadette, I'm not all talk!  Haha!)  Got in 45 minutes on the elliptical today.  Minutes 0-3 had me wondering if that was a smart idea, but as soon as I got that done, either my muscles warmed up or they just gave up and went with the flow for the rest of the time.  It helps that I can play Tetris & zone out.

This afternoon, I put my Keys100 sticker on my car.  Had to take a picture of that and the cool finisher medal that was given out too.



How neat is that 100 sticker?!  That's not something you see every day!


Got an email today from Melanie who was on the Pink Panthers team.  She was asking how I was feeling.  The big question, though, was whether I'd do the race again.  Oh, I'm already thinking about it...and by "thinking about it," I mean envisioning how awesome it'll be to do it again!!!!  I might've even inspired Bart, my Coastie cousin, to start training now for it.  (Bart, now that this is out on the Internet, you can't back down because if it's on the Internet, it's got to be true!)

Do you know what's been really cool?  So many people have written to me today to say they followed the blog all day Saturday!  Thanks to those who checked it out before the race, during, and after.  Oh, and Suzanne, you get the award for calling me while I was running on Saturday!

Hopefully the chicken legs are going to be back to normal or at least ready to run tomorrow.  I'm not expecting 18+ miles out of them (at least not tomorrow), but a short 3 miler wouldn't be bad!!!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Kim--loved reading this. I drove the suppoort van for one of three relay teams running together--not as fast as you. Great the way you captured this. The bonding among the participants is the best part of the event--this is my second year, I will do it every year.

    One more tip I got before my first time--bring a step stoolfor tired runners to get into the van after a run.

    And I think you and yor Coastie friends learned, but 2 mile legs is the way to do this.

    Don't know how to post a name--I'm Pat Gent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Pat! Thanks for commenting on my blog! What was the name of the teams for which you were one of the support van drivers? Was it "Thing 1," "Thing 2," or "Thing 3?" I saw those names on the list!

    Great idea on the step stool! I can tell you that would've been perfect (at least for me & my tired chicken legs) midway through the day!!!

    ReplyDelete