Saturday, May 18, 2013

First run done!!!

Oh my gosh!  Amazing, just simply amazing!

Finished my first run and love, love, loved it!  According to my RunKeeper app, it was 4.89 miles, and I did it in 37 minutes, 43 seconds.  That's a 7 minute, 43 second pace!  Not to shabby, right?




Here's a map of my run.  Started at the J&M Scaffolding building and ended at the HS.


Sweet, huh????

Oh, and speaking of sweet, the smell!  The air had this light, sweet, honeysuckle scent to it.  Well, except one part where there were lots of crab traps all piled up.  Then it had that fishy, ocean-y smell...but not the good kind.

Ladies, in case you're wondering, I went with the pink tie-dye Zensah compression calf sleeves, my black Nike Pro spandex, my greenish-turquoise top, and a white headband.  Didn't go with a visor, and really didn't need it since most of the run was in the shade.  The next run, though, will definitely be with the visor!

Right now, we're in the CVS parking lot and waiting for Ryan to finish his leg.  Hans is all sunscreened up, and ready to go!

Gonna leave you with a Grandma story.  You know (or should know from a past blog post) that Grandma is a worrier.  Well, once I finished my run, stretched, cooled down, and had some Gatorade, I gave her a call.  This was before 8am.  (Maybe 7:45-ish?)  She sounded so awake & so happy!  In fact, she said "Oh, I've been waiting for this call!"  She's just too much!!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment