Friday, May 17, 2013

In Key Largo!

I'm here!  :-) 

I know, I know, you were wondering why it took so long to post, weren't you?!

Just like the ride down to Miami earlier today, traffic getting into the Keys wasn't too bad.  Let's give a big thumbs up for that!

Went to Ballyhoo's Historic Seafood Grille (http://www.ballyhoosrestaurant.com/) for lunch.  Got their sweet potato burger, and it was delish!  In fact, I'm munching on the last half of it now.  You know I love my leftovers!  Once we finished eating, the team headed to Shell World for a little tchotchke shopping and then kept motoring south to Robbie's in Islamorada to see & feed the tarpon (http://www.robbies.com/tarpon.htm).  I watched  Hey, I'm not going to try to get fish-stink off my hands.  Some of the tarpon were huge!



Here's the bait that they sold to feed to the tarpon.  Notice that my hands are not anywhere near that!  I'm not princess-y, but this may be an exception!  (Dave, are those pilchards????)



So one of the neat things about heading to Robbie's was that it gave me the chance to see some of my route for the first leg of tomorrow's run.  Looks good!  It's on the east side of the road and there are decent-sized trees lining most of it, so I'm thinking it might be relatively shady for that portion of my day.  Woo hoo!

Got checked it to our home-away-from home tonight, will get together again in a bit for dinner, and then head to the runner's meeting.  Tomorrow's going to be an early day, and you know how much I love mornings!  (Can you just picture my eyes rolling as I type that?!  Yeah, I knew it!)  Seriously, this is going to be such a fun experience, and I'm sad to think that by this time tomorrow, it'll be almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment