Friday, April 4, 2014

I'm Back...Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger!

There is probably no more appropriate day to say that Kim's Keys100 Adventure (Part 2) is getting started!  Why's that?  As I type this, I'm down in Marathon, and tomorrow's the 7 Mile Bridge Run.  

Past blog readers might remember (or should remember) that that's the race last year that started (or should I say "rekindled") my desire to want to be a part of the Keys100.  Need to catch up & refresh?  Here's a linky for you.

My Keys100 relay team from last year asked me back (probably in late January or early February), and you know I said "absolutely!"  While it won't be the full team from last year, 3 out of the original 6 from Team Cinco will be there, and I'm proud to be a part of it again!

Even if you're not a Kanye West fan, and I wouldn't really consider myself to be one, you'll have to admit that his song "Stronger" is totally appropriate for my situation.  The video will do it more justice than I can, so definitely watch it.


Consider these lyrics from the beginning of the song (but seriously, watch the damn video already):  
Work it, make it, do it,
Makes us harder, better, faster, stronger!

Work it harder, make it better,
do it faster, makes us stronger,
more than ever, hour after,
Our work is never over.

So what's so special about that?  I think it really sums up everything when I look at my "running self" from a year ago to now.  Let's be honest, I was winging this last year, and it was working fairly well.  But after my stress fracture, being forced to not run for a while, focusing carefully on recovery and avoiding reinjury, training for a half marathon, following a true running plan created by my physical therapist and running coach, and paying a lot more attention to hydration and nutrition, I really do think that I am a harder, better, faster, stronger runner!

The Keys100 relay is about 6 weeks away.  In fact, the race director, Bob, is here in Marathon, and when the group I was with saw him tonight, we told him that we were already signed up for the relay & looking forward to it!

Stayed tuned, and monitor my blog.  Over the next 6 weeks, I'll keep you updated on my training, races along the way, and other silly/serious/random happenings.  Oh, and I'm sure I'll have a few Grandma stories to throw in along the way.  She'll be having a mimosa tomorrow between 7:30am and 8:20am while she's "with me" during the bridge run.  (Note to self: get Dad to take a picture of Grandma having her mimosa one of these days.)

Yup, stay tuned!  It's going to be an adventure of epic proportions!

No comments:

Post a Comment