Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Two-Run Day & Some Musical Entertainment

Today was not my first two-run day; that was Saturday.  However, it was my first two-run day where the first part was speedwork at the gym.  Gosh, I didn't think my legs were tired, but they certainly let me know they were when I started this evening's run outside.

I just did one semi-easy loop of my 'hood: a bit less than 2.5 miles at about a 7:37-ish pace.  Would you believe that there was actually too much shade on the road for chunks of the run?  Yeah!  But it was still good to be out there in the sun & heat.  Gotta get acclimated to running in that.  You know what the Keys will probably be like in mid-May!

Here's the first song that played on this evening's run: "I Love It" by Icona Pop.  Random bit of trivia for you on this song: my Keys100 team heard this last May as we were driving down to Key Largo.  No one in the van knew the song, so Beau had to Shazam it.  (I still think it sounds a bit like the song "Mickey" by Toni Basil.  Boy, that just gave away that I'm an 80s child, huh?!)  Anyway, back to Icona Pop.  The song "I Love It" is catchy and has a good beat; it's perfect for running and (obviously) makes me think back to my first Keys100!  Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment