Friday, April 18, 2014

A Mom Story

You may know that my grandma is famous for her hysterical quips about anything and everything.  These items usually end up being referenced as "Grandma stories."  This is who brings those strokes of comedic brilliance.
My Badass Grandma

Today, though, I've got a Mom story for you.  That's right, this one's courtesy of my own mother from last Saturday after my Brianna Cooper 10k win.
 
Poppa Joe & Lindy (my mom who loves being called "Lindy" by me)

I called my mom & dad (pictured above) after my Coast Guard run on Friday to tell them how I did and sent the link with results later in the day.  Obviously they were happy for me and knew that my pace was crazy fast.  After Saturday's 10k, I called to tell them how I did.  When I got my mom on the phone, she asked about my time and my pace.  "It was about 7:18," I told her.  Her response?  "You ran slower than yesterday."  (I kid you not!)  "Yes, Mom, I did...it was twice as long as the race yesterday."  "Oh, I know that," she said.
  
Dave said that he was going to bust my balls and say the same thing to me, but he decided against that.  Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment